Calling all Middle and High School theatre students! Join the GCSU theatre department this summer for a 5-day professionally curated workshop which focuses on acting and stage production training. From auditions to rehearsals to set design, students will be guided by Cathlene O’Neal, costume designer and experienced director. This camp is designed to offer a personalized learning experience, beginning with introductions and auditions for the student production and ending with new skills in leadership, acting, and theatre tech. Friends and family will be able to view the student’s talent and skill put into action through the end of the week performance.
Middle & High School students will participate in a professionally designed, small group, theatre workshop that focuses on individualized training in acting, staging, and theatre production. Participants will learn and work closely alongside a trained instructor and will perform in a show at the end of the week. Included in this workshop are scripts for each participant in to keep, designed costumes, playrights, and the opportunity to perform in one of Georgia College's theatrical stages.
Cathleen O’Neal is an experienced costume designer, working with Georgia College and State University’s theatre program since 2017. Ms. O’Neal came to GC&SU from Virginia with a B.S. in Theatre and an MFA in costume design. Having worked with The Virginia Shakespeare Festival, Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre, Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Camp, and Aurora Theatre, as well as designing The Little Prince for Holy Innocence Episcopal School in Atlanta, Ms. O’Neal is the perfect teacher for middle and high school theatre students looking to improve and advance their theatre skills.
Ages: Grades 6-12
Dates: July 10-14
Times: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Russell Auditorium in Downtown Milledgeville
Waivers & Emergency Information (online form)
Only one form needs to be completed for each child for any camp listed on this website.
Please complete the waiver and emergency information form for each child registered for camp (select the link above). Campers may not participate in camp until this form has been completed. There is no need to print and submit any portion of this form to our office, as it is all completed online.
PREPARE FOR CAMP:
- Complete the Emergency Information Form and waivers which are required before participating in camp. (online)
- Check your camp's website for a list of what-to-bring, sample schedule, pick-up/drop-off times and up-to-date information.
- Review our camp policies and procedures.
- Come to camp and have fun! Parents and campers must check in with the instructor upon arrival.
- During camp, check the website for special announcements.
WHAT TO BRING TO THEATRE CAMP:
- Sack lunch and additional snacks, if desired. Please do not send lunches that need to be cooked or put in the refrigerator.
- Comfortable clothing.
- Bag or backpack to contain personal items.
- Hat, sunscreen, reusable water bottle and bug spray (if desired)
- No electronic games, cell phones, radios, etc. are allowed.
- Campers should have ALL personal gear marked with the owner’s name.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURE:
- Drop-off will always occur at the Campus Theatre in Downtown Milledgeville no earlier than 8:45 a.m. and preferably no later than 9:30 a.m. or they may miss important instruction time.
- You will need to sign your child in and out with the teacher each day. Always let the teacher know when you arrive and when you leave.
- Pick-up occurs no later than 3:15 p.m. for this program. A $15 fee will be assessed for each late pick-up violation. All individuals picking up the child must be on the approved pick-up list which is located on your emergency information form. Be prepared to show a Photo I.D. if asked when arriving to pick up the child.
- YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP UNTIL HE OR SHE ARE REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL WAIVERS AND FORMS COMPLETED.