Creature Camp: Decomposers and Digesters (Rising 4th-6th Graders)
What happens when a tree falls in the forest? What exactly is a fungus? Are all bacteria bad? How do bones become fossils? Join us to learn all about what happens behind the scenes as things decompose, why it is so important and ways that nature preserves! We will also look into how we combat decomposers and digesters through different methods of preservation as well as ways that we have harnessed their power to help with recycling, healthy diets and more!
Dates: June 28 - July 2, 2021 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: Rising 4th-6th Graders
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Lake Laurel
Instructor: Ruth Eilers
All required paperwork can be found and completed online at the link listed below:
Please complete the waiver and emergency information form for each child registered for camp (link below). Campers may not participate in camp until this form has been completed. There is no need to print and submit any portion of this form to our office, as it is all completed online.
Waivers & Emergency Information (online form)
*YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP UNTIL HE OR SHE HAS REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK COMPLETED*
What to Bring to Camp:
- Mask (for COVID Protocols)
- Sack lunch and additional snacks, if desired. Beverages and an afternoon snack will be provided. Please do not send lunches that need to be cooked or put in the refrigerator.
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for outdoor activities.
- Students will need to wear shoes that tie or fasten and that can get dirty. Socks and shoes must always be worn. Flip flops and sandals may limit participation in certain activities.
- Bag or backpack to contain personal items.
- Hat, sunscreen, reusable water bottle and bug spray (if desired)
- No electronic games, cell phones, radios, etc. are allowed.
- Campers should have ALL personal gear marked with the owner’s name.
Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Drop-off will always occur in your child’s designated classroom no earlier than 7:45 a.m. and preferably no later than 8:30 a.m. If you expect to arrive later than 8:30 a.m. your child’s class may not be in their classroom so PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF BY THEMSELVES.
- Your child will need to be signed in and out by the teacher each day. Always let the teacher know when you arrive and when you leave.
- Pick-up occurs no later than 5:15 p.m. for all programs. A $15 fee will be assessed for every fifteen minutes late for each pick-up violation. If you will need to pick your child up prior to 5 p.m. please coordinate the location of pick-up with your child’s teacher. The schedule can change and we use a great deal of our large campus! All individuals picking up the child must be on the approved pick-up list which is located on your emergency information form. Be prepared to show a Photo I.D. if asked when arriving to pick up the child.
- YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP UNTIL HE OR SHE HAS REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL WAIVERS AND FORMS COMPLETED.
8-8:30 a.m.- Focusing Exercise/Drop-Off
8:30-11:00 - Focus Activity
11:00am- 12:00pm - Lunch Time
12:00pm - 2:30pm - Activity, Clean Up
2:30-3:30 - Prepare and Eat Themed Snack for the Day
3:30-4:30 - Clean Up, Review Games
4:30-5:00 p.m. - Free Time
Parents of children whose behavior disrupts the camp will be given one warning. If the disruptive behavior persists, the child will be dismissed from the camp without a refund.
Phone: (478) 445-5277
Fax: (478) 445-6271
E-mail address: email@example.com
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday –Friday
- 100 Chappell Hall (Office/Lost & Found)
- 211 North Clarke Street
- Campus Box 40, Milledgeville, GA 31061
*Waivers & Emergency Information (online form)
There is no need to print and submit any portion of this form to our office, as it is all completed online.
Each child will need to have a completed Participant Information Form, Waiver of Liability, and COVID-19 Waiver before they are able to attend camp.
Details of our COVID-19 Protocols can be viewed here.
*Information, Policies, and Procedures - Please make sure to review our Information, Policies, & Procedures