Week 2: Our Town (June 3-7) $121
This week is all about celebrating our home town of Milledgeville and working together as a camp to give back.
Children are divided into age groups each week. Please select one of the age groups below you would like to register for (links will be live once registration opens):
Kids' University - Rising Kindergartners (Must be 5 years old by their first day of camp and will participate in water-based activities in lieu of pool.)
Kids' University - Rising 1st Graders (Will participate in water-based activities in lieu of pool.)
All required paperwork can be found and completed online at the link listed below:
*YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND KIDS’ UNIVERSITY UNTIL HE OR SHE ARE REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK COMPLETED*
Waivers & Emergency Information (online form)
There is no need to print and submit any portion of this form to our office, as it is all completed online. This form is valid for all summer camps advertised on this website and is valid through August 1, 2019.
Where: Rising K-1st Graders— Chappell Hall * 211 Clarke Street
Rising 2nd-3rd Graders— Centennial Center * 251 South Clarke Street
Rising 4th-6th Graders – Wellness and Recreation Center * 134 W Campus Drive
What to Bring to Camp:
- Sack lunch and additional snacks, if desired. Beverages and an afternoon snack will be provided. Please do not send lunches that need to be cooked or put in the refrigerator.
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for outdoor activities.
- Students will need to wear shoes that tie or fasten and that can get dirty. Socks and shoes must always be worn. Flip flops and sandals may limit participation in certain activities.
- On Monday, please bring an extra pair of shoes (these can be flip flops), bathing suit, towel, and a change of clothes to be left in your child’s classroom until the end of the week.
- Students in the rising kindergarten classroom should bring a blanket and small pillow for rest-time.
- Bag or backpack to contain personal items.
- Hat, sunscreen, reusable water bottle and bug spray (if desired)
- If needed bring arm swimmies, lifejacket and/or swimming goggles
- No electronic games, cell phones, radios, etc. are allowed.
- Campers should have ALL personal gear marked with the owner’s name.
Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Drop-off will always occur in your child’s designated classroom no earlier than 7:45 a.m. and preferably no later than 8:30 a.m. Your child’s classroom location will be on your registration receipt. If you expect to arrive later than 8:30 a.m. your child’s class may not be in their classroom so PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF BY THEMSELVES.
- Chappell Hall—For drop off and pick up at Chappell Hall please feel free to use the 30 minute reserved parking places in front of Russell Auditorium (adjacent to Chappell Hall). There will also be additional temporary parking reserved for Kids’ University in front of Chappell Hall in the morning and afternoon. These spaces will have a 10 minute time limit and will only be available 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Wellness and Recreation Center - The drop off and pick up location at the Wellness and Recreation Center will be in one location for both (Rising 4th Graders and Rising 5th & 6th Graders) classes, which will be located at the back of the center. A teacher will be present at the door from 7:45-8:00am for drop off.
- Your child will need to be signed in and out by the teacher each day. Always let the teacher know when you arrive and when you leave.
- Pick-up occurs no later than 5:15 p.m. for all programs. A $15 fee will be assessed for every fifteen minutes late for each pick-up violation. If you will need to pick your child up prior to 5 p.m. please coordinate the location of pick-up with your child’s teacher. The schedule changes on a weekly basis and we use a great deal of our large campus! All individuals picking up the child must be on the approved pick-up list which is located on your emergency information form. Be prepared to show a Photo I.D. if asked when arriving to pick up the child.
YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND KIDS’ UNIVERSITY UNTIL HE OR SHE ARE REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK COMPLETED.
8-8:30 a.m.- Focusing Exercise/Drop-Off
8:30-9:00 a.m. - Camp Gathering
9-9:45 a.m. - Classroom Activity
10 a.m. - Snack Time
- 11:00am-12:00pm - Rising 2nd-3rd Pool Time
- 2:00-3:00pm - Rising 4th-6th Pool Time
- Rising Kindergarten and 1st Grade will participant in water-based activities in lieu of the pool.
* For Kindergarten class - rest time will be after lunch time.
11:00am-5:00 p.m. - Pool/Lunch/Reading/Games/Special Events
Parents of children whose behavior disrupts the camp will be given one warning. If the disruptive behavior persists, the child will be dismissed from the camp without a refund. If there is a severe disruption (which is determined by the Director), the child will be dismissed immediately without a refund.
Phone: (478) 445-5277
Fax: (478) 445-6271
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday –Friday
- 100 Chappell Hall (Office/Lost & Found)
- 211 North Clarke Street
- Campus Box 40, Milledgeville, GA 31061