Creature Camp: Creatures of Flight (Rising 4th-6th Graders)
One pair of wings, 2 pairs of wings…feathers, no feathers! How do creatures fly? Join us for a fun-filled week exploring creatures that fly! From birds to bats to bugs we will explore the physics, biology, and more involved to make flight possible in a variety of creatures. After we have learned the basics of animal flight, we will visit the Museum of Aviation and see how “human creatures” use their knowledge of flight! Please note that a signed waiver of liability and emergency contact form are required. Participants will need to bring their own lunch, water bottle, and bug spray. You will also need to bring a swim suit, towel, and sunscreen as we will go to the pool daily if weather permits.
Dates: June 24-28, 2019 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: Rising 4th-6th Graders
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: 113 Chappell Hall * 211 Clarke Street
Instructor: Ruth Eilers
All required paperwork can be found and completed online at the link listed below:
Please complete the waiver and emergency information form for each child registered for camp (link below). Campers may not participate in camp until this form has been completed. There is no need to print and submit any portion of this form to our office, as it is all completed online.
This form is valid for all summer camps advertised on this website and is valid through August 1, 2019.
Waivers & Emergency Information (online form)
*YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP UNTIL HE OR SHE ARE REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK COMPLETED*
What to Bring to Camp:
- Sack lunch and additional snacks, if desired. Beverages and an afternoon snack will be provided. Please do not send lunches that need to be cooked or put in the refrigerator.
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for outdoor activities.
- Students will need to wear shoes that tie or fasten and that can get dirty. Socks and shoes must always be worn. Flip flops and sandals may limit participation in certain activities.
- On Monday, please bring an extra pair of shoes (these can be flip flops), bathing suit, towel, and a change of clothes to be left in your child’s classroom until the end of the week.
- Bag or backpack to contain personal items.
- Hat, sunscreen, reusable water bottle and bug spray (if desired)
- If needed bring arm swimmies, lifejacket and/or swimming goggles
- No electronic games, cell phones, radios, etc. are allowed.
- Campers should have ALL personal gear marked with the owner’s name.
Field Trip Information:
We will be taking a field trip to the Museum of Aviation. Details will be provided at a later date. Please note that you will receive trip details from your child’s teacher at the beginning of camp.
Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Drop-off will always occur in your child’s designated classroom no earlier than 7:45 a.m. and preferably no later than 8:30 a.m. Your child’s classroom location is Room 113 in Chappell Hall. If you expect to arrive later than 8:30 a.m. your child’s class may not be in their classroom so PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF BY THEMSELVES.
- Your child will need to be signed in and out by the teacher each day. Always let the teacher know when you arrive and when you leave.
- Pick-up occurs no later than 5:15 p.m. for all programs. A $15 fee will be assessed for every fifteen minutes late for each pick-up violation. If you will need to pick your child up prior to 5 p.m. please coordinate the location of pick-up with your child’s teacher. The schedule can change and we use a great deal of our large campus! All individuals picking up the child must be on the approved pick-up list which is located on your emergency information form. Be prepared to show a Photo I.D. if asked when arriving to pick up the child.
- YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP UNTIL HE OR SHE ARE REGISTERED FOR THAT WEEK, FULLY PAID AND HAS ALL WAIVERS AND FORMS COMPLETED.
8-8:30 a.m.- Focusing Exercise/Drop-Off
8:30-11:00 - Focus Activity
11:00am-2:30pm - Lunch Time and Pool
2:30-3:30 - Prepare and Eat Themed Snack for the Day
3:30-4:30 - Clean Up, Review Games
4:30-5:00 p.m. - Free Time
Parents of children whose behavior disrupts the camp will be given one warning. If the disruptive behavior persists, the child will be dismissed from the camp without a refund.
Phone: (478) 445-5277
Fax: (478) 445-6271
E-mail address: email@example.com
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday –Friday
- 100 Chappell Hall (Office/Lost & Found)
- 211 North Clarke Street
- Campus Box 40, Milledgeville, GA 31061